Thursday 15 August 2013

Revlon Nail Enamel in Grey Suede (705) review

On a recent trip to Florida, I had a list of beauty products that I knew I just had to buy while I was in the States to save myself otherwise extortionate shipping and customs costs to get them to the UK. Most of them are 'US only' shades or products and I'll do a big haul post once I've taken pictures of everything. So, in the meantime, I'll review this lovely polish from Revlon I picked up in Target.




Since finally having the courage to grow out my nails I have gone nail polish mad! Before going on holiday I researched lots of Revlon colours since I know them to be particularly long-lasting and chip resistant compared to other similar brands. This shade above, Grey Suede, stood out to me as being a very pretty neutral and when I couldn't seem to get it anywhere in the UK, I knew it was handy to be going to America the following week!

Colour: Now, this is one of those polishes that look different in every light. In the photo above, I was in a very well lit bathroom so it shows it's 'truest' shade, a creamy brown mink-y pink. In darker lights it looks a darker brown and in direct sunlight it sits on the pinker side of the spectrum.

Application: It applied well but needs about 2-3 coats to appear completely opaque. With a base and top coat applied I found that it didn't create air bubbles and had a nice shiny finish.

Longevity: Revlon polishes, as far as I've found, last well and this one lasted a good 4-5 days before chipping. I did have a strange occurrence on holiday where the colour on some of my nails gained a green tint in certain lights but I've pinned it down to me going in the pool too soon after painting my nails since it hasn't happened since in other applications!

Price: $4 US/£8 UK

Verdict: A wearable neutral polish that is great for every day and has good staying power. I should have bought more shades while I was in Florida!

No comments:

Post a Comment