Tuesday 20 August 2013

Essie Sugar Daddy and Canyon Coral Nail Polish Review

After receiving a glossybox with an essie nail polish in it, I became hooked on them! They have such a lovely 'gel-like' finish and look super shiny in the sun. Both of the shades I'm reviewing today were in two different glossy boxes I received.

First up is Sugar Daddy which is a pale, translucent pink.



Application: I hoped that it would be quite opaque but unfortunately the first coat looks like a clear polish and you need at least 4 coats to get a nice, solid manicure pink shade. 

Longevity: Essie nail polishes sadly don't last as long as Revlon polishes in my experience but with a good top coat I found Sugar Daddy to outlast Canyon Coral, possibly due to the extra coats. I teamed Sugar Daddy with some floral decals for going on holiday and it lasted almost the entire first week!





Price: £8 UK/ $8 US

Verdict: A pretty colour but too pale to be used on an every day basis since application takes so long to apply all the coats!

On to Canyon Coral!

Colour: This is the polish that made me fall in love with Essie! It is a beautiful orange red/coral. With a top coat, it is stunningly glossy and sleek looking. 

The yummy ice creams here pale in comparison to that lovely red on my thumb nail!



Application: What drew me to this polish right away was the fact that it looked perfect with only one coat! I still apply two to make all the nails uniform but if you were in a rush then canyon coral is for you. 

Longevity: This polish is not as long lasting as Sugar Daddy and I would say lasts about 3 days before it starts chipping. Obviously because its such a bright colour, any chipping is really apparent and I usually remove it rather than attempt to save it.


Price: Same as above.

Verdict: A definite favourite of mine which I like to wear when it's sunny and I'm feeling glamourous!

No comments:

Post a Comment