Tuesday 3 September 2013

Kate Spade Metro Watch Review

A little bit of background info before I get onto the proper review: So, my mum asked me what I wanted for my 21st birthday and I really didn't know. It's not actually until October so I was in no rush. I knew that it had been a few years since I'd worn a watch and my mum was set on the idea as a nice gift for a 'grown-up' birthday.

I first went in look of Michael Kors watches since everyone and their mother raves about them and I must admit I am partial to the beautiful rose gold colour that is prevalent in their range. I scoured the internet for one that I liked but found them either too chunky or too tiny. My wrists are relatively small so I really didn't want a watch with too big a face.

I then turned to a designer that I recently fell in love with while in the States: Kate Spade. I got a bag and a purse from an outlet in Florida from this designer (while on sale of course, 70% off, what's a girl to do? Review on these will come later!) and loves the quality. As my first proper designer bag I was quickly infatuated with the brand. I came across the 'metro' range of watches and realised these would be perfect as the face was a perfect medium size. 

They come in a range of colours: white, nude, black. I eventually had my heart set on a black one with a black floral design on the face. This one was unfortunately not internationally shipped from Nordstrom or the Kate Spade website. My saving grace came in the form of Macy's website which has recently began using 'borderfree' shipping worldwide, which allows you to buy in your own currency and pay import fees then and there, instead of getting hit with them once the package arrives in the UK. Delivery took around 5-7 days and my watch is finally here. I managed to take a few pictures before my mum whizzed it away to get wrapped up.




The watch itself is beautiful packaged and is of very high quality. I love the shiny black patent leather strap and gold design. I have tried the watch on and it has strange material on the under side of the strap which could become irritating on the wrist. I'll keep my eye on that.

Overall: As a gift for someone else or yourself, this is a stunning watch which looks both sophisticated and simple. It would go with so many outfits and looks great on the wrist. It is a pricey watch but no more than Michael Kors or other similar designers. I personally love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment