Sunday 8 September 2013

Illamasqua HydraVeil Review

Today's post is going to be on a certain primer that has been sweeping through the beauty community online and its Illamasqua's new gel-based Hydra Veil.


I have never been a big user of primer, having much preferred moisturiser as a base for my makeup in the past. Out of the primers that I have tried; Gosh Foundation Primer, Benefit Porefessional and Loreal Studio Secrets Smoothing and Resurfacing Primer have all been silicone based and while they do create a more even base, I miss the hydration of a moisturiser. Thus, with this being a gel, I was very excited to try it and have been wearing it without my usual moisturiser for the last week or so.



As you can see I have a sample size since I didn't want to spend money on the full size in case it wasn't for my skin. The first thing that hit me was the funny 'jelly' like texture. It's not a smooth gel like I was expecting but as soon as you work the rubbery gel into your skin it turns into pure liquid. It feels like water on my face, it's that cooling and hydrating!

It dries very quickly into the skin but even then, you don't need to rush to put your foundation on as the product has already done its magic. I like to put a little more product around my very dry areas ie my forehead, nose and chin which works very well in avoiding any builds up of foundation.

Hydra Veil base, Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation and Vie Skin Dew

Overall, I really like this primer and can see why it has so many rave reviews on the Illamasqua website. Looking forward to buying the full size version soon!

Price: £27

What's your favourite primer?


No comments:

Post a Comment