Saturday 7 September 2013

MakeUp Forever Smoky Extravagant Mascara and Aqua Cream 16 Review

Today I'll be reviewing two MakeUp Forever products that I have recently been testing out.



Both are extremely versatile and high quality products, which is really to be expected from their price tag.

I already own the Smoky Eyes mascara which I use as my everyday staple so I was very excited to try its new sister mascara. Extravagant has a completely different wand with very little resemblance between it and its predecessor. The effect on the lashes is very much a more 'night' type of eye makeup as opposed to Smoky which I find more wearable.

The texture can make the mascara quite difficult to remove with your average facial wipe and may need a cleansing oil, much in the same way of Eyeko's Skinny Lash mascara which I avoid using due to its extremely difficult removal.

Overall this is a good mascara, which really opens the eyes with emphasis on volume but I probably won't repurchase.

Price: $24



Now, I really like MUFE's aqua cream range, it's long lasting and very wearable. The colour that caught my eye was no 16 which is a shimmery warm pinky beige shade. 

It has a creamy texture but can be slightly drying without the use of eye primer. It dries to a sort of crystalline finish which gives it a wet look when in the right type of light. 

I use it very sparingly due to its price tag but I definitely prefer it for a night look as opposed to daytime.  I have found the MeMeMe eye dew range to be a good dupe for the aqua creams.

Price: $23



Do you have a favourite MUFE product?


No comments:

Post a Comment